środa, 16 czerwca 2010

Oif'n Weg Steht a Boim

Tak wyszło, że przyszło mi śpiewać wieczorem kołysanki. Aaaa, kotki dwa, Z popielnika, Był sobie król i inne. I czasem szperam też za innymi, nie tylko polskimi. Jakiś czas temu zlazłam kołysankę, która bardzo mnie poruszyła. Nie po polsku, w yiddish i trochę musiałam poszperać zanim zlazłam jej tekst i tłumaczenie. Czasem ją też próbuję podśpiewywać, choć ktoś znający język chyba umarłby ze zgrozy nad błędami wymowy. Ale tak czy inaczej jest piękna, więc pozwolę ją sobie zamieścić. Z dedykacją dla Natalki, Jasia, Olgusi, Emilki, Julki (-; Plus tłumaczenie, które udało mi się znaleźć.


"A Tree Stands by the Road"

By the wayside stands a tree
Bent against the storm
All the birds from this tree
Flew away

Three to the west, three to the east
And the rest to the north
Leaving the tree
Alone and unprotected

Then I told my mother: look
Please don’t stop me
Soon mother I will
Become a bird

I will sit in the tree
And will comfort it
During the winter with my tender care
And a beautiful song

Mother says: no my child
And she cried
You might freeze to death
On this tree, God forbid

I told her: Mom save your
Beautiful eyes
Because before you know it
I will become a bird

Mother cried: Itsik my dear boy
Look for God’s mercy
Put on a scarf
Otherwise you'll catch cold

Put on your galoshes
It will be a harsh winter
And wear your fur hat too
Oh woe is me

Put on also your warm jacket
Do this you foolish child
If you don’t wish to become a guest
Amongst all the dead

I lift up my wings but it’s hard to fly
Too many things to wear
Has Momma put
On her weak little fledgling

Sadly I gaze
Into my mother’s eyes
Knowing that it was her love
That kept me from becoming a bird

0 komentarze:

Prześlij komentarz